Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 56

    Florianopolis

    June 26, 2023 in Brazil ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    We spent the past few days in Florianopolis which is a beautiful city on the coast of Brazil! This means we finally are in a place with warm weather and beautiful beaches! Honestly Florianopolis really was like a stunning paradise. Our hotel was right on the beach and so we had a few days relaxing on the beach right there. We went for walks and played in the waves and just relaxed! We also explored two other beaches.

    The first other beach we explored was a casual easy hour long hike to a tiny little beach surrounded by rocks. This was a lovely little beach where we swam and played some cards while enjoying a picnic lunch! We then had a delicious fish dinner overlooking the lake (Florianopolis has a lovely lake right in the middle of it). We saw a beautiful sunset and it was a lovely end to the day.

    The second other beach was an hour long hike away and this one was an actual hike not a casual walk. We hiked up and down through the rainforest until we approached a stunning secluded beach. The best part was there were about 3 other groups of people here only; this meant we had almost the whole beach to ourselves. We played in the waves, played some cards, and just relaxed on the beach. We then decided to hike the very steep trail to the mirador lookout point. This was the steepest trail we have hiked thus far as some points we were scrambling upwards on all fours. Luckily we are at sea level, which actually made this steep hike easier than most of the other hikes we have done at high altitudes. We were rewarded with stunning panoramic views of the beach and surrounding area. It was a tougher hour of hiking but totally worth it. We then had one last swim before hiking back. This was my favourite beach in Florianopolis (although there were many more beaches we didn't get the chance to explore... maybe we will get to come back and see more one day)!
    Read more