Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 53

    Iguazu Falls: from Brazil

    June 23, 2023 in Brazil ⋅ 🌧 21 °C

    Today we got to explore the Iguazu falls from Brazil. While waiting for the bus we experienced torrential rain (luckily we were under a covered shelter); however, the rain almost completely subsided when we started our hike (though this didn't stop us from getting soaked... more on this soon)!

    The Brazilian side only has one short hiking path and it is across the river from the falls. This means you don't get as close to most of the falls but instead you're rewarded with incredible panoramic views. One of the best parts of viewing the falls today, was that they were almost empty! The rain and poor weather (even though the rain had stopped) resulted in very few tourists. We had almost every look out to ourselves and just got to really enjoy everything. This was definitely a bonus compared to the Argentinian side, where there were tourists everywhere. The view points were very beautiful and at the end of the trail there was one lookout point on top of the falls. This is where we got soaked! The mist coming off this section of the falls was so crazy but it was definitely worth it for the view. We got this viewpoint to ourselves and got to appreciate the panoramic views of the falls up close.

    Iguazu is such a beautiful place and I loved that we got to see it from both the Brazilian and Argentinian sides. They both offered unique and epic experiences. The Brazilian side was more panoramic and way less crowded while the Argentinian side had so much to do and so many trails and vantage points and allowed you to get closer to the falls! Overall, loved it here and definitely want to come back and see it again one day. It is truly breathtaking!
    Read more