Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    From Hai Phong to Ha Long

    May 6, 2019 in Vietnam ⋅ ☁️ 27 °C

    Distance from Hai Phong to Ha Long 《47 km》

    Pusan Halong Hotel: 3*
    Address: 46 Ha Long, VN. Telephone: +84983358098. Costs: 1r2n 52€ (2x single bed, incl. 2p breakfast). Reservation no: 2202.232.227. Booked on 20190426 at Booking.com. When leaving the hotel it appeared that the payment had not been made. So we got 1,500,00 VND (60€) from a nearby ATM and paid the bill.

    http://pusan-halong.halongtophotels.com/?curren…

    We arrived at the airport of Hai Phong and then we had to look for a means of transport to take us to Ha Long. The 'Grab Taxi' app did his work. In no-time we were sitting in a taxi on our way to our next hotel. The taxi driver loved Vietnamese music and made us listen to it too at high volume. The traffic was in the beginning not so bad (few 'motormice') but getting closer to the highway we immediately were surrounded by trucks and came to a stand-still. Everyone tried to make progress,. Yet again it looked like there were no traffic rules at all. From the left and the right every one tried to get before the other one. Underway there was toll to be paid. The driver had some difficulty to find the hotel but finally we arrived at our destination. From our room we could see the cable cars going up and down. We had a hotel near the Sunworld Ha Long complex. Tomorrow we will visit it. Now first we go to the beach. There I had a nice beer and took a stick sausage to eat and we looked at the other visitors on the beach and in the sea. In the background a giant Ferris wheel and the contours of the mountains of Ha Long could be seen. In the evening we walked along the shops and we ate something again at a restaurant close to our hotel.
    Read more