Satellite
Afficher sur la carte
  • Jour 16

    Tučepi & Makarska

    11 mai, Croatie ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Yesterday it was so hot and it was forecast to be hot today so I looked at other hikes and things to do in the area as I wasn’t sure we would be up for hiking straight up a mountain. I found that we were right on a trail, 1km from top so this morning we got up and walked up to the end at this small church. It was an okay walk, along a steep road, but even at 9 it was always getting too warm when we got back to our place. The sun is just so hot! So we decided to go into town and wander. We parked and walked along the water to the next town over, Tučepi, since I had a place marked there that we could have lunch at, plus then we could spy on that town. I really loved it there! There were people around when we got there, but not crazy busy, but by the time we finished lunch there were very few people out and about! Not even at the beach!

    After lunch we walked along the waterfront which is so nice there as it is just a pedestrian path and beach along the water. We spent more time there than expected, so instead of walking back we took a taxi which dropped us off in old town Makarska which again was empty! This morning when we drove through it was so busy, but by afternoon everyone disappeared! Nice for us. We wandered all over and even found a bunch of rocks with all the fossils! And ended our day with some gelato - peach for me which was very tasty and refreshing! Then back to our place for a quick swim before dinner.

    This morning I thought we wouldn’t be out long today as we didn’t have that much planned, but both towns were nicer than we expected and we wandered way more than we thought we would! We didn’t get back to our place till 5, which was much later than I thought! But it was a really fun day and I really enjoy this area! Korčula was a bit disappointing and I had thought did we peak too early? Did we do all the amazing things first and now it will be meh? But no, Makarska Riviera area is amazing!
    En savoir plus