Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    French Road & Baška Voda

    May 12 in Croatia ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    Today we were up and out of the house as soon as we got ready as it was cloudy first thing and we wanted to do a hike - much better to hike uphill without the sun making it unbearably hot! And we had almost perfect timing - the sun came out just for the last bit of uphill so it worked out well. We hiked the French Road Educational Trail which was beautiful! It was a road the French were building so people could go over the mountain, but they never finished it and now it is a trail with posts about the people who were responsible for building it and such. Really a great hike and we both really enjoyed it. The views were so nice! It was an easier climb and looked it over the water the whole time. Really fun. Oh, and the photo with the tile table is the Brela coat of arms (the hike is above the town of Brela).

    Then we came back and relaxed and swam in the pool until later in the afternoon when we went down to Baška Voda to try and get some gelato. There is a chain that has a location there that has a peach rosemary I want to try, but every time we go by one I am so full I can’t eat any! So today was the day! Only it was closed and we didn’t find any other gelato. Very sad for us, but we did have a wander around town which was pretty nice. Another nice beach and waterfront with the rocky cliffs in the background.

    Then back to the house to relax some more and watched a rain storm move out over the water which was fun (and it got cold without the sun!). And saw a bunch of European golden Orioles flying around which are so bright yellow, and a wagtail that loved playing in the pool, and more martins swooping down and drinking from it. So much fun to watch! A pretty good day
    Read more