Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 22

    Krka National Park

    17 de maio, Croácia ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    Today was so much fun! Another waterfall day! We drove up to Krka National Park which I had planned to visit on Sunday on the way to our next stop, but Sunday is supposed to be thunderstorms there so we decided to go when the weather would be nicer. Today was perfect! Sunny, but not too warm until later in the day (we had considered going tomorrow but it is supposed to be much hotter all day!). We went to the two main waterfall areas and wandered around and it was beautiful! The first area was lots of waterfalls, tons of fishes in the water, lots of dragonflies and butterflies and new to us birds! Also lots of frogs when we first got there that were so loud! Most of the photos are from this area (it is also where most of the people were, but we managed to have perfect timing for the most part and get in between tour groups).

    Then we drove up to the upper parts which were also cool, but the falls are more small cascades which was fun. There was also a 517 stair climb to a cave - the cave was not very interesting and not very big, but the views on the way up/down were great! So worth it. This area also had a ton of Tufa which was really cool. All the rocks in the second area were fun!

    Then it was back to the house as it was later by that point (there were other things to see that I had on my list, but no time!) and we had just enough time and the weather was perfect to swim a bit! First time using the pool here and it was great. Then we drove over to the marina for sunset since we are not on the right side for that, but there were no clouds! And we ended up watching all the planes land as the airport is right on the other side of the water. All in all a really fun day!
    Leia mais