Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Take it Easy

    August 8, 2018 in England ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    We are having a day I. Bristol today as we are going to the Hippodrome tonight to watch the musical SHREK. We are doing the Harbourside walk today to take in the estuary and the boats and old marine buildings. We stopped for lunch at one of the restaurants and ordered two sharing boards with delicious dips and a hot cheesy dip. We ate far too much as it was so scrumptious. Ann and I celebrated our day out with a glass of Proseco. Why not ? We are on holiday. The walk was very interesting and took in a great deal of Bristol’s history. I also managed to catch a few Wallace and Grommets on the way. By the time it was time for dinner nobody was really hungry so we ordered another sharing plate. This consisted of a ploughman’s and nachos. Michael had started to feel queasy by this time as he had eaten too much bread and cheeses.

    We headed off to the Hippodrome and had a drink in the bar before the start of the show. I felt sorry for Michael as he is quite tall and the seats in the theatre did not have enough room for his legs. So with his tummy cramping and his legs cramping it was not a good evening. Michael spent the second half of the show standing up at the back. The journey home was critiquing the show which we all agreed was not up our street. It was great for kids and more like a pantomime than a show for both adults and children. Plus the songs were not memorable and the story was too close to the film so no surprises. But I am glad I have seen the show. We all disappeared to bed as soon as we got nome, it was a busy busy day.
    Read more