Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Valentine Bunbury

    February 10, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    Ok,it’s 8.00am and I’m not up,but I’m thinking about it. My hair doesn’t need washing so that saves me ten minutes,so I’m writing goggly gook in my journal instead. I’m packed, pretty organised and will soon be ready to rock and roll. But now it’s toast and coffee time. Let the day begin.

    We are on the road at last, house locked, garden watered and sat nav map on my phone programmed for Pinjarra Bakery. Roni and Brian are going South West Highway and we are going Kwinana freeway. I feel it’s more direct and if the traffic runs smoothly we should be there in just over an hour. We actually arrived in Pinjarra half an hour before the rest of the crew as they were held up with roadworks. So we had eaten a huge slice of rocky road and drunk our coffees, by the time they sat down. The bakery in Pinjarra is first class for pies and cakes. The trouble is it’s all too tempting.

    Continuing our journey we arrived at the Quality Lighthouse hotel about 2pm. We are ensconced in our rooms overlooking the ocean and the city centre, having a nice sojourn in our room until drinks at 4.40pm.

    4.0
    Very good
    294 reviews
    Location
    Cleanliness
    Service
    Value
    Located on one of the highest points in Bunbury, the Quality Hotel Lighthouse enjoys panoramic views of the Indian Ocean, Koombana Bay and the City Centre. We have recently completed a multi-million dollar refurbishment program, resulting in 59 modern, stylish hotel rooms and 4 brand new function rooms. . When booking online please clarify the room type you have booked as to determine if it has been refurbished or not. Current room types that are refurbished are: Deluxe City Views, City Rooms or Poolside Rooms.
    Read more