Satellite
  • Day 86

    Moving on

    July 30, 2018 in Romania ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    We decide for a bit of sightseeing and to continue already in the early afternoon.

    Parliament in a closer look is just incredible large. Almost as large as the building is also the local market.

    It takes us about 25km to leave the city and its noisy traffic. Then, the rest of the day is nonstop cycling.

    In average, every ten km, we pass a dead rotten body of a dog on the street. In Bucharest, we did not see many stray dogs. There should be still around 50.000 in the capitol and some of them using even crosswalks and traffic lights. However, in the villages outside, there are plenty of wild dogs to meet. Most of them are peaceful. Between 2013 to 2014 the law allowed to kill them. But it did not help the problem. Our host told us that today the dogs are caught and brought outside of Bucharest. The best method so far seems to be a systematic castration by the animal protection organizations. Unfortunately, this is underfunded.

    At our destination town, we head to the cheapest option (and tent is no option as rain still forecasted). Luckily, this is a hotel villa including pool and luxury interior. Good place to relax.
    Read more