Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Cairo, crossing-streets adventure

    March 2, 2022 in Egypt ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Visited the big and busy Cairo. Admired mommies and statues from the big, old and forgotten egyptian era in the Egyptian Museum, visited the big pyramids and the (surprisingly) not so big Sfinx. Probably the best experience in Cairo was fearing for your life everytime you had to cross the street hiding behind locals or just hoping that cars will dodge you at some point.

    🔍 Some facts: did you know that, even though its quite hard to find beer nowadays, its origin comes from Egypt?
    📍Essentials: Egyptian Museum (enjoy the athmosfere and the mess were all this relixs reside)
    📍Essentials: Guiza Pyramids (entering pyramid of Khafre)
    🍴Best food: Koshari Abou Tarek
    🍴Best food: Zöoba
    💡 Travelling tips: whenever you want to cross the street don't hesitate on it, walk determined towards your destiny (you can also hide behind locals for some nice human barrier)
    💡 Travelling tips: always ask locals for the approximate price of a taxi/tuk-tuk to avoid being overcharged
    💡Travelling tips: across all Egypt, everyone wants to take you everywhere. Make sure to be clear with a NO, orelse you'll find yourself with a vulgar guide that you can't get rid of. This also happens with any other service, they'll always try to get as much from you as they can, its important to be aware of it in advance.
    Read more