Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 89

    Sa Pa (bike trip🏍️)

    May 20, 2022 in Vietnam ⋅ 🌧 17 °C

    Back to contact with other tourists/travellers (more of the first though) after being alone on the rode for some days. Sa Pa is a big city full of touristy places, lights and big buildings. Almost died from a vietnamese pipe offered by our mechanic (never trying it again) and entered the foggy and rainy city. We could have some rest on the nice homestay we were staying in and did a very nice wet and muddy trek along the rice fields, bamboo's, Hmong villages (the ethnic tribes of the area) and mostly the mud.

    📍Essentials: Muong Hoa Valley trek (it takes around 3-4 hours, its usually done with a guide, but we found the route in AllTrails and did it on our own at was absolutely nice and safe, but you MUST have proper hiking equipment)
    🏠Accomodation: Mekhoo & Zizi Sapa Homestay (far from town and the road to get there is no the easiest for the bike, but its in a calm and beautiful scenario surrounded by Hmong people and the place is full of other travellers and food is not expensive)
    🍴Food: bamboo fried rice, sweet bread pastries (easy to find in street stalls)
    Read more