Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 184

    Bangkok

    August 23, 2022 in Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 28 °C

    Last stop with Alli after a month full of friendship and love, that felt like a holiday from travelling (so it was full on tourism), where maybe my wallet was a bit tight at the same time. We visited lots and lots in little time and did as much as we could and enjoyed the socialness of Alli. We finished Bangkok with some more shopping around China Town and Kaosan Road through the pirate clothes and cheap technology. First Alli went to visit the grand palace (I am on a detox of temples for now, so I just mingled around the annoying touristy area of Bangkok), where she discovered she had a free show with the ticket and manage to get me one from some guys she met. So we went to a very touristy but beautiful free show where we saw all the traditional dances from the country, the different costumes and dances from the different eras and a representation on the creation of the Lanka bridge. We really really enjoyed this representation. Finally we went to Union Mall on a more local area and ate some ramen on a very special way! We chose the noodles, the toppings as in a supermarket and cooked it ourselves on a special machine (it was super modern!), Then we mingled around the mall and experienced the fun of bangkok lifestyle, with its cheap and full stores, the fashionable karaokes and a full floor for dancers to explore themselves (for free!). We ended up agreeing that we would totally live in this city for a while to experience all this fun and variety for a little bit (its probably the best way to experience bangkok). Finally we went on some bight markets chace, very unsuccessful, that ended up with just a taxis tour around the city. We finished our last day together with a nice foot massage from a lovely couple, and walked back to our tight and hot hotel to sleep one more our before our departure.

    📍 Essentials: try out all the ways of public transportation, Amulets Market, Union Mall, China Town, Traditional Dancing show ( you get the ticket included in the entrance to the grand palace, with a free shuttle), get lost around the city
    🍴Food: Good Noodle
    Read more