Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 205

    Luang Prabang

    September 13, 2022 in Laos ⋅ ☁️ 25 °C

    Arriving to Luang Prabang was at the beginning a bit disappointing because I was back to tourism, english, and lots of people. Just arrived to my hostel felt a bad vibe and for some reason, even though I could see how the city was beautiful, got a bad inicial feeling. Nevertheless I was meeting the dutch guy I met before, and also started to meet more and more nice people. Mingled around the city for the first two days, and the second night I ended up bowling with some people and had soso much fun (even did a bit of dangerous drunk archery) and the day after, gathered a lot of people together, and went to visit and swim a beautiful waterfall (even with a bear rescue center inside)! After that, I had a laolao (the local alcohol) bottle left from the previous night that we didn't finish, and gathered all the people I had in my new circle and promised them a nice cocktail. We ate in the night market some good korean food (and also a bit weird), made everyone gather all the ingredients I needed, and went back to the hostel with almost 15 people that I didn't even know. It was such a fun night, we played a game about questions, at some point a belgium guy said he wanted to make a question for everyone, which was "what was the biggest heartbreak we've had in our lives". This turned into one of the most sincere and beautiful group conversations I've had. where we all shared, listened, understood and became a small family in just a moment, even though we were complete strangers. It was such a special moment, that reminded me a little bit of home and "les rodes de sentiment del cau", and made me feel a really good feeling of nostalgia. In conclusion, all my bad feelings and prejudices of the place turned out to be pointing towards the opposite direction as it should. Next morning woke up at 5 in the morning to go see the morning alms, the monks walking on their orange attires gathering sticky rice from all the offerings of local people on the street (no one else dared to join me, which was even nice cause I was the only tourist following them). And after that, had breakfast with Loek, the dutch guy (because we made a bet so he just woke up at 7 so I would lose), and got on a bus towards nature and quiet, with my heart a bit more full after the beautiful bonds I had just made in a few hours.

    📍Essentials: walk around the old quarter, bowlling alley, Kuang Si Waterfall, morning aims (from 5.30-6.30h morning on the main street everyday)
    🏠 Accomodation: Downtown Backpacker's Hostel (vvery basic, but very cheap with nice breakfast and lots of backpackers)
    🍴Food: korean food night market
    Read more