Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 554

    Daintree Rainforest

    August 28, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Rented a car with Cass (swiss girl that I met in Magnetic Island, and gave me a really cool vibe so decided to ask her to join me on a quick adventure to the daintree). Drove from Cairns to the Daintree Rainforest (oldest ecosystem in the world) where we stayed in this beautiful cozy and basic place where some of my friends had done a workaway before (Anna from Tazzie and also the english girls from CapeG). Just the drive was absolutely stunning, and then we did a hike that was closed (so it was amazing because it was unsigned and wild (which is hard to find in Australia), had some icecream with some local products, got wet (cause yeh, its a rainforest), went to a few viewpoints, did a few short walks, swam in a gorge, visited the beach, and just enjoyed this magical place. We also bumped into Itamar, who we had met in our hostel in Magnetic island, and he joined us for part of the trip. It was a beautiful trip, enjoyed soso much the company of Cass and getting to know her, who was such a unique soul, and got to visit this special spot on earth, saw lots of weird and cool plants and animals, and spotted cassoaries!

    📍Essentials: Cow beach, long walk behing Daintree center, Drive from Cairns to Cape Tribulation
    🏠 Accomodation: Crocadylus
    🔎 Some Facts: did you know that Captain Cook discovered Australia from this side? The dutch had arrived to Australia first, but they got from the west and thought it was China (and a bit of useless land because of how desertic it was). He arrived from Cape York and discovered all the area around Cape Tribulation, which was pretty much the beginning of the end of this beautiful land.
    Read more