Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 579

    Adelaide, 4500 km later

    September 22, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Last stop of our scoobydoo roadtrip across Australia. The feeling was such fulfilment and pride. We had driven across Australia, from top to bottom on a rusty van, just ourselves, and proved our self determination and strength. For me arriving to Adelaide was stressful, so many people, cars, buildings... i instantly missed the emptiness of the desert. But Adelaide is a beautiful city, felt like the most elegant and safe city in Australia (and imagine how high the standards were). We cleaned and reorganised to get ready to give the mystery machine back and went out to get a few drinks back in society. I think we were tired, mostly mentally and emotionally, it had been an intense 20 days with limited space and lots and lots of kilometers. We gave back the car the next morning, went to visit the central market, and let Romina go. After that I walked and walked around the city, visited the botanical garden and headed back to the airport. To my surprise, poor Romina had mixed up the flights and lost her flight, and we got to say goodbye one last time one more see you soon. And from there, it was time to say goodbye to Australia after so long. Until when, that's a completely different question.

    🍸Night out: malt and juniper (really nice variety of gin and whiskey), exeter hotel (really nice university/alternative vibe)
    🍴Food: central market
    Read more