Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 37

    Day 36 Zagreb

    October 5, 2023 in Croatia ⋅ ☁️ 17 °C

    Today we had our first hotel breakfast and it was great. Haven't had eggs for a long time so had them boiled and in an omelette. We were on the road as planned before 8 as we had a 3.5 hour drive to Zagreb. Our car was a Volkswagen Tijuana and it was great on cruise control as it automatically would adjust to the speed limit applicable at the time. So sometimes it would brake suddenly to go from 130kph to 60kph and I had to be ready to hold the steering wheel for the quick acceleration back to 130 so that was a bit of fun. After that I dropped Trisha off at our hotel then took the rental car back. When I called a Uber, I ended up in a Tesla which was rather fancy with a screen with a visual of everything around the car including pedestrians.

    We chilled out for a bit, then went out for a walk around the old town. The street with bars and food was quite different to what we have seen for a long time with various street food available. We ended up sharing kotthu which was Sri Lankan and was rather yummy. Then we walked up a hill and Trish went to the Museum of broken relationships, and we caught a furnicular down the hill - would have been good if we had noticed that going up!

    Had a final gelato in Europe on our way back to the hotel, and the spent our evening packing and getting rid of stuff that we have accumulated along the way all ready for our flight to Dubai tomorrow.

    12,819 steps and it was a bit chilly today only reaching 22 degrees. My trackies have come out again!
    Read more