Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 36

    Day 35 Porec

    October 4, 2023 in Croatia ⋅ ☁️ 17 °C

    We both woke up pretty early today so were out the door on the way to our car at around 8.30. Then spied a laundromat near the car so thought we would dry our wet washing. Well 20 mins later it wasn’t much drier so we headed on our way to Porec which is 50 kms north on the coast.

    We got there around 10.30 and could leave our car at the hotel but the room wasn’t ready. So we went for a walk beside the sea and saw so many more swimming bays. Also had our second visit to a supermarket for the day where I found some chicken nibbles for lunch and a really nice broccoli savoury.

    Our room was ready by then and is a bit more flash with a balcony, a pool and a whirlpool. We had a rest for a bit, then Trish went out for a walk, and I hired a bike for 3 hours and had fun checking out the coastline. It definitely is not that busy here, and all the resorts are pretty empty so I stopped at one for a couple of swims and their outdoor showers. I talked to a guy from a dive shop who said the water temperature in October is normally well under 20 degrees but today was 22. Apparently they had an awful summer with lots of rain and wind and lots of cancellations. For September and so far for October the weather has been great, but all the people have gone.

    While I was biking, Trish walked around the old town and then had her own swim before taking it easy in the hotel. We chose to have the buffet meal here tonight which was ok, but nothing flash. Best bit was not having to go anywhere for it. We are such party animals!

    So today was our last day by the Adriatic Sea. I never expected to have been swimming so many times. And who knew that crocs made such good buoyancy aids? I wear them into the sea as the bottom is pretty rocky, but then take them off and put my hands in them and just float.

    And tomorrow is feeling like we are starting to head home as we will be leaving Europe the day after.

    14,883 steps for Trish. I did a fair few, biked for a couple of hours and also swum a bit. Temperature 27 degrees
    Read more