Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 41

    Day 40 Dubai

    October 9, 2023 in the United Arab Emirates ⋅ ☀️ 39 °C

    Another day and another great breakfast in the hotel. Turmeric shots and omelettes for us every day. Then we caught a taxi to The Frame which is a very high structure oriented so old Dubai is on one side and new Dubai is on the other.

    Funny story about this. On my first trip to Dubai with Allan Rohde 8 years ago we went to a park and walked all the way round trying to work out what was inside and how could we get in. I have just today realised that this was the same park and they would have been constructing the frame at the time so the whole area was fenced off as a construction site.

    It was nice again to go earlier in the morning for less people and we were up in the lift pretty quickly and having fun talking pictures. Part of the floor was glass which I didn’t expect. But was thinking the other day that we have never walked on a glass floor after seeing funny videos where the glass floors are shown to crack and seeing people’s reactions. It was quite confronting to walk on it to start with as we were 140m up but we got used to it and just walked across to get from side to side. They did take some great pics of us, but $55 was a bit steep when we took some ourselves as well. That would have been a good place for the selfie stick which wasn’t in my bag.

    Then a Uber back to our nice cool hotel and time to pack up again. It has been nice to be here for 3 nights and able to checkout at 5pm. So plenty of time to pack, then go to the pool and to warm up and do final dry of some clothes lol. We will get a taxi at 5pm for our flight at 9pm. Flying for 7 hours and hopefully sleeping as it will be 9am in Singapore when we get there.

    So far 5,000 steps and 39 degrees.
    Read more