Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 42

    Day 41 Singapore

    October 10, 2023 in Singapore ⋅ ☁️ 29 °C

    Short blog today.

    Flight was just ok, 7 hours would have been nice to sleep and then wake up at 8:30am here. But they started the food service a couple of hours into the flight, and then woke people up for more food a couple of hours later, so neither of us got much sleep.

    Both Dubai and Singapore airports were really empty which was pretty surprising. We got a taxi to our hotel and were checked in by 10am which was great. Our room is 12m square which I sort of missed when booking it. But it has great aircon, was over the road from a laundry and was pretty cheap.

    We had a sleep until 1.30, then went in search of an atm to get cash for the washing. That took a while and we went past an astonishing number of food places and little supermarkets. The ATM wasn’t where Google said it was, so we retraced our steps and found it closer to our hotel. We bought some supplies and tasted jackfruit which was rather nice.

    Our lunch was a fried rice dish and some sort of corn dish. Also nice and so much cheaper than Dubai. Then we did washing, went for a short walk got some chicken sate on sticks and fries for dinner and had that back at the hotel.

    We are nearly at the last episode of Sex Education, but Trish missed most of the 2nd to last one, I didn’t realise she was asleep.

    Steps would have been around 10,000 and of course the temperature now is hot after than forecast so was 33 today and expecting that for the next 3 days as well, damn!

    Bed time now at 8.30…
    Read more