Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    Home at last!

    June 9, 2019 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    All good things must come to an end and alas our amazing adventure has come to a close and the stretchy pants required for the trip home are telling us enough of this excess. We are so thankful that every piece of the puzzle went as planned from flights to incredible weather amazing food and a diverse group of new friends.
    We soaked in one last morning of the picturesque Stockholm harbour from our balcony then started our 24 hour (by our body) trip home from Stockholm through Munich on to Toronto and the long drive back arriving to Windsor early Sunday morning.
    We said a heartfelt goodbye to our travel companions Jean et Lucie who made this trip so enjoyable to be able to chat through more information than we could ever absorb.
    On the way home Paul and I were talking about how this trip has helped us understand so many more pieces of history and culture in a way we never thought possible filling in many gaps in our knowledge bank.
    Thank you for following along with us. It has been interesting for us to use the blog for the first time. In a fairly simple format it has helped us keep the days and a few pics in sync rather than all jumbled together.
    Nice to see my garden in bloom and waiting for me this morning. So thankful.
    Read more