Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Tolmin

    June 7, 2018 in Slovenia ⋅ 🌫 18 °C

    Another trip in the car. This time to Tolmin Gorge in the North West. Once again we start on the highway but soon move to the smaller roads. The road is narrow with many twists and turns. My driving has certainly improved since yesterday. It takes about 2 hours to get to the town of Tolmin. Time for a break for lunch, a lovely fresh trout and salad - yay something healthy at last.

    We head onto Tolmin Gorge. The roads just keep getting smaller, until we are down to one lane. Then there are roadworks, where half the road is cut out, I need to navigate this, if only the guys who were directing me had any idea about my lack of driving skills :)

    We finally make it to the gorge, but when you see Ben or Suzie ask about the naked guy operating the bob cat.

    As it is in the National Park the entry fee Is €5. It has started to rain but only a light so we should be good. Onward we go, following the map to see all the highlights. We follow the trail, the colour of the river is an emerald blue. The rain adds a mystic foggy atmosphere to the scenery. The walk all up takes about an hour. There are stairs, it nothing too strenuous and in the harder spots there is a hand rail. There are not many people around at all. Well worth a visit.

    It wanting to follow the same road home we head east towards Skofja Loka. It sure if this was a good idea, it’s very very windy, mountainous not enough for 2 cars, luckily there is not much traffic but certainly had to be very focused.

    Finally back to town to find a park for the car and time to have a couple of calming vodkas.
    Read more