Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Heading to Croatia

    June 8, 2018 in Croatia ⋅ 🌧 22 °C

    Today we say farewell to Ben as he is heading home. I drop Ben and Suzie at the bus station while I return the car. The walk back is a lazy 30 minutes to Suzie. Ben has already left when I return.

    There are not many people waiting for the bus to Zagreb so we reckon we will get a seat to ourselves on the upper deck of the bus. How wrong we were, the bus had come from Germany and most were staying on the bus, the bus was full. We headed towards Croatia and much to our joy we had to go through immigration. A stamp leaving Slovenia and 1 to enter Croatia, yay I was like a kid in the chocolate factory.

    Kreso, our air bnb host, had given us instructions on how to get to his place from the bus stop. Catch the no. 6 tram . heading toward the mountains and disembark at town square, then ring him. Catching the tram was easy, great directions, we even got off at the right stop. But ringing was a different thing, I tried several options all said the phone number did not exist. Using good old google maps we worked out how to get to the air bnb -3 minutes walk and we reach Kreso. Wow is all I can say, what a lovely host, a great space and such an awesome location.

    Kreso quickly realised he missed a number when he told me his phone number, lol, no biggie we made it. He is just lovely - we enjoyed a home made liquor shot which his dad produces.Oh it’s a bit strong, cannot describe the taste. Kreso then shows us where to eat, drink etc. We head to a little delicatessen for a Croatian red and some cold meats, cheese and olives. What lovely afternoon with Kreso, so much so we are now coming back for 2 nights at the end of our trip.

    Kreso is a graffiti artist, the air bnb is decked out with a lot of his art, I’m really looking forward to doing his tour when we return. Kreso and Suzie are kindred souls, talking music, actually we are booked into a concert (rap I think) when we return. He finally has to say good bye and leave us to explore the city before retiring for the night.
    Read more