Спутник
Показать на карте
  • День 22

    La casa de los dioses

    13 августа 2022 г., Испания ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    The walk today was fairly flat until I left Jinjoo, and became more hilly after that.
    At one point there was an amazing 'gift' for pilgrims: this rest area with shade, seats, hammocks, beds, lots of fresh fruit and other good quality food and drinks, all there for pilgrims to accept as a gift. Incredible! People left donations on the main table.
    The guy that appears on the last photo, with bare feet and chest, runs the show. He was at the back of the place when I stopped and helped myself to some fruit and chocolate, and came forward to replenish some of the goodies while I was still there. He's quite a character! His name is David, from Barcelona. He said he walked the Camino for more than 3 months, barefoot and without money, and God took care of him. Now he's giving back. He's been doing this for years, living there without electricity and sleeping under the stars.
    There was a good number of people when I was there (about 10?), and he entered into an argument with one pilgrim who is a psychologist.
    David believes God is in everybody and a psychologist can't do anything useful, because he 'can't help God'. And looks down on people who work for money. The psychologist kept stating a different point of view but David confronted every one of his words, with eloquence, confidence and even arrogance. He was trying to make the point that people shouldn't charge for anything they do for love or passion and they should simply give that away and let God take care of the rest.
    Between you and I, I think David is nuts, but in a way that does more good than harm and he shouldn't be treated or 'cured'!
    Читать далее