Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Bognor S*ole rating

    September 25, 2021 in England ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    Sat ere on the Club's Rowan Park site avin a smirk to meself as them off to Bognor on the bus, what are they thinkin? They get back about 4 and it is official - Bognor is a first rate shit ole! Here is their story......

    Bus is on time which is a great start to our day, however its a bit concerning the driver won't stop to pick anyone else up, and keeps muttering something about a moving target. From the High Street to the sea front and Bognor has a prom which we have walked both ways along with the rest of the walking dead, East to a prison with high walls and barbed wire called Butlins and West to absolutely nothing. It has the shortest worst looking pier in the world but which has an exciting edge that you hope you can get back to the prom before it collapses into the turd laden sea. A land train runs along the prom conveying the heavily overweight tattooed inmates from Butlins the 100 yards to a cafe where it turns round, so they can get their burger and chips. We walk past a fairground big wheel, it has one occupant who wants a view of Bognor from the air, coming back an hour later he is still going round waving frantically at us. We find the micropub in the High Street which is OK, but better than the grim alternatives. We fancy a bag of chips so pound the streets of Bognor for seconds before choosing one which has a dizzy 2 stars for cleanliness. Having seen all that the town has to offer we decide to go back to Muttley. There are no buses till Monday morning. We try for an Uber, but our request for the journey is not took up by any drivers. Then our prayers are answered, a taxi parked kerbside with a lady driver who takes pity on our sobbing and gets us back home.

    Sun came out though........
    Read more