Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    We*re on our way

    May 1, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Well after booking, cancelling, 're-arranging Fit To Fly testing we are finally on our way to Florida with Fiona and Mark.
    The taxi arrived on time to take us to Manchester airport. Good journey with light traffic. After expecting long queues and extra security checks for booking in passport control we were pleasantly surprised with how smoothly and quickly it was done, leaving plenty of time for shopping and breakfast.
    The flight was mostly smooth and with all the drinks and food service and in flight entertainment passed quickly, we landed an hour early, (this was then wasted queuing for the car.)
    After landing and again what seemed to be no extra security checks we picked up the car and started out journey to the villa.
    The villa is beautiful and very comfortable, Fiona and Mask are so happy to be back and I can understand why.
    A quick unpack and then out for a meal at Manny"a a favourite haunt for Fiona and Mark and what an experience it was. Huge beers, tender steaks and a never ending salad bowl.
    Back to the villa to bed , around 3.30 English time.
    Read more