Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    The Drive To Key West

    May 9, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    On the road again, (that's just for you Mark). We're up and off early today as we have a fair way to go and we want to get past Miami before there's too much traffic. What is it they say about best laid plans.. We end up sitting in a traffic jam for over an hour due to a 'fender bender'.

    Once past Miami the traffic thins a bit and the journey becomes less tense.

    We stop in Key Largo for breakfast at a Cuban café and Martin has his first stack of pancakes, with sausage and syrup.

    Driving down the I1 through the Key's was interesting, the sea is an amazing colour and the town's have lovely houses situated right on the seafront, but there doesn't seem to be many beaches. The town's are literally either side of the road.

    We stopped at Robbie's Marina for a leg stretch and to watch people feeding the Tarpon fish and to watch the Pelican's trying to pinch the fish.

    Onwards over the 7 mile bridge and we stop again at Bahia Honda Park for another leg stretch and a paddle in the sea. We also snuck in an Ice Cream, Mart's was Moose flavoured.
    Read more