Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 13

    Ilkley Moor Bah Tat

    28 Juni 2022, Inggris ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    Leisurely start to their last day ere in Yorkshire and they amble off to explore Ilkley along the Dales Way following the riverbank. Their task today is to come back with some nice steaks for him to BBQ for their last night and the site owner has told em of a butcher wot matures his grass fed Aberdeen Angus rump steaks in a Himalayan salt chamber, and they are the best apparently. Yeh I know, sounds a bit poncy to me an all. So after a pleasant if longish walk along the river they reach Ilkley and wander around the town which is very pleasant overlooked by the famous moorland, and wouldn't you know it they come across the Wharfedale Brewery tap, and nip in to do some sampling. The butchers is found and their produce is fantastic, and steaks are cut and purchased and after a final tour round the town they cor ignore a visit to Bar Tat (geddit?) for a fortifying drink, before the long stroll home back to the site. The steaks are found to be very nice indeed and himself doh do em to death on the barbie so ers appy, and next day we have a pretty good run home down the M6 getting back just after lunch.

    So wot ave they learned from this tour of Yorkshire?
    They spend more time in pubs than they should. Yow gathered that though?
    Yorkshire Dales scenery is second only to Scotland.
    The quality of food in them small independent grocery shops is superb, and they ave took full advantage by buying from them as much as possible.
    Their two bikes they med me carry about were not used apart from getting to the station in Pickering, so thanks fer that.
    Himself an me enjoy narrow scenic hilly country roads, herself, not so much.

    Till next time.........
    Baca selengkapnya