Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Fontaine-de-Vaucluse

    September 23, 2022 in France ⋅ ☁️ 24 °C

    After Gordes we trundle off to another village which has the most powerful natural spring in France, and the source of the La Sorgue river. Again after the drought we were not expecting much, but what a, surprise. We park up next to the fast flowing river which is crystal clear and icy cold. Walking upstream they come to the village which is a bit touristy but nice, so lunch and wine are partaken to fortify them on their quest for the natural spring source.
    Well it ay hard to find.... just a gentle stroll from the village past numerous shops, most of them closed for the season, and they arrive at the Gorge end and indeed find the water gushing out of the bottom of the steep cliff of vertical rocks, as advertised. Well worth seeing with the weeds at the bottom making the water a crystal clear green colour, rather nice.
    An amble back and we mek the short trip to another camp site for the night just outside the town of Lisle dur la Sorgue, further downstream of the river source.
    Now we am all bracing ourselves for summat called 'rain' overnight and tomorrow morning. Hope we survive!
    Read more