Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    I've got a ticket to Ryde

    May 21, 2023 in England ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    Well he's all excited today as they're off to Ryde on the bus , again, but not only that they're actually going to the Bus Museum which only has an open day with free rides on vintage buses. He's in seventh heaven!!
    Top floor of the double decker again so the days starting well.
    They arrive at Ryde and decide to walk along the pier, this is being refurbished so the pedestrian walkway is out of use as well as the train, yes I did say train, there is a passenger service to the end of the pier.
    While walking along the Hovercraft blasts up it's engine and departs from the seafront heading for Portsmouth, he ain't hanging about.
    He can't understand why car's are being allowed to drive a long the pier but all becomes clear when they get to the end, not only a train station but also docking for the catamaran over to Portsmouth. As one arrives whilst they are taking a shufftie they wait to watch it depart, and boy he wasn't hanging about, not quite such a calm sea as the other day so it's a good job her indoors isn't on it.
    Back along the pier and they decide it's time for a cuppa, he's looking up the times of the bus to the museum when she's spots an old bus parking up near the Ice Rink just around the corner so they decide to go over and see if they can hitch a ride to the museum. 'Jump aboard' the driver says, only front seats, he's loving this.
    On arrival at the museum and after checking the timetable they hop aboard a double decker for a trip to Seaview. Blimey these old buses are slow and just about make it up the hills in first gear, news on the grape vine is two have broke down while on route. Back to the museum for a quick shufftie around and a burger from the cafe before catching a slightly newer vintage bus back to town.
    Home in time to catch a bit of sun with his book before sorting out the route for tomorrow, moving day.
    Read more