Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Shanklin Old Town

    May 27, 2023 in England ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Well today is moving day hurrah so it will be good to get me wheels moving. We're off to Freshwater Bay but weem going via a farm shop and Morrisons to top up provisions and booze of course, they doh arf put it away!
    We arrived at Arreton Barns first, a craft centre with it's own pub and restaurants. They have a look around, there's some lovely stuff and the hand made glass is fabulous, her indoors really liked it but with a small vase working out at over £250 pounds I doh think she'll be getting one.
    Just a roll down the road now to a brand new farm shop that's just opened, and they buys loads of stuff here including huge steaks for tea tonight and the biggest slice of quiche I've seen, which he sets about eating while still on the car park as its lunchtime.
    Off to Shanklin Old Town now via Morrisons. They managed to park me up in the car park but have to pay coach rates, coz I'm a bit of a big boy don't you know!
    They bog off towards Shanklin Chine, a steep ravine and garden with water features, but it's down a bit of a hill which irritates her knee, so before paying they asks how steep, but its got 60 steps to go down before getting to the garden then it's downwards to the beach and of course if you go down you've got to come back up, so they give that a miss.
    They walks around the town, but apart from the picturesque tea rooms it isn't all that great so we get going again and head towards the next site at Freshwater Bay alongside the golf course, a beautiful view with the Solent in the distance at only a tenner a night but no leccy. Hope me batteries last em for the 3 nights wim here!
    Read more