Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Yarmouth

    May 29, 2023 in England ⋅ 🌬 16 °C

    Well it's the last full day of the holiday and it's another sunny day but rather breezy. Thems off to Yarmouth on the bus today so they manage to get out a bit earlier.
    He's a bit disappointed, first time this holiday they haven't managed to get front row seats but the bus is full of tourists off to see The Needles, OMG well that's changed since they went, it's like turning up at Disney Land, people everywhere, amusements, eating cabins, gift shop etc, it's not for them, but at least they can now have front seats.
    Well Yarmouth turns out to be one of the nicest towns on the island, they start by going round the Castle where they watch the ferry arrive, then a stroll round the town, 'that's a nice little alley' she says, 'let's go down there' so they do and find The Wheatsheaf Inn it's only got it's own Beer and Cider festival on, over 20 Ciders and I don't know how many Beers, well it would be rude not to pop in. After asking the barman's advice he ends up with a flight of Ciders, one of them 8%+ and she's got some Tiny Rebel beer. They head out to the garden where there's live music, what a way to spend the afternoon.
    Another wander around taking in the pier with great views of all the boating activity, it's a busy little port.
    Back to the town and it's gotta be Fish and Chips at the King's Head, and very nice they were too. An ice cream for pudding as they wait for the bus back, and first on with their tradional front row seats.
    All in all a very pleasant day to round off the holiday.
    Isle of Wight, you've been great, hopefully it won't be so long before we come back.
    Read more