Satellite
  • Day 515

    Involuntary ending

    March 25, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Now countries may reassess the value of expensively designed airports as nobody gets to see them.
    I think the staff at Abu Dhabi airport, (all imports,) became a little confused about their viruses as Corona can be bought in the sports cafe, but all racks and piles in the retail outlets are completely smothered in Sarin wrap before the shop is closed.
    A Boeing Dreamliner will carry me back to Brisbane in one 13 hour hop. Its about one passenger for 3 seats so we are all socially distanced and can curl up to sleep. We take off at 9 p.m. so soon ready to sleep. Should have tried to wake up for the last 5 or 6 hours to synchronize with Aussie time; but everyone was so comfortable they slept most of the journey.
    Had to fill out extra forms about where one would self-isolate, and signing for ones understanding of the quarantine terms. I had my temperature taken and that was about it.
    Thanks to N, a friend of hers lent me a Saab to drive down to surfers paradise where she had found me studio apartment to lock myself up in.
    Retrieving it from the airport car park set me back $57 which reminded me that I was back in Macquarie Bank land.
    Now I am ensconced in a Paradise Island Resort studio enjoying another treat organized by N: bottle of organic Nature's Harvest Shiraz.
    Read more