Satellite
  • Food Glorious Food and Being a Tourist

    November 17, 2018 in Singapore ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Today we had a day of being full to the rim. In the morning we chatted and then went for a swim, we went to Little India for lunch, visited Arab Street, had Turkish coffee and Iced mint teas, had a couple of beers with freshly made guacamole and then finished on an absolute highlight. We went to a mock meat Chinese restaurant. When ordering our dishes the waitress was extaticly happy and excited for our choices. I genuinely thought she was so excited and would join us haha The food was unbelievable. We had BBQ "spareribs", Honey Lemon "Chicken", Smoked Lemon "duck" and Kung Bo Monkey Head Mushrooms and to finish the lush food off we had peanut butter coconut ice cream. It was basically a day of food. I was unbelievably stuffed!

    The next morning we spent swimming again, went to the nearby Hawker Centre for noodle soup lunch, visited Pinnacle at Duxton to see the views of Singapore, went to the National Singapore Museum, Skyped with the family and then went for a yummy vegan malay dinner at Loving Hut in Geylang. Geylang is famous for being the red light district in Singapore and bearing in mind Singapore is unbelievably prim, proper and clean it was quite a shock visiting this area. It felt like we were in a completely different country. It was very run down with sleezy bars filled with cigarette smoke, it was really bizarre...
    Read more