Satellite
  • Day 4

    Road Trip to Munnar!

    November 22, 2018 in India ⋅ 🌧 21 °C

    Last night Jerry had very generously offered to share his trip to Munnar with us. He had it already booked and asked if we wanted to join him. Of course we said yes and it was so much fun.

    We had a private car the whole day and we visited waterfalls, saw monkeys, saw lots of sea eagles, saw the gorgeous landscape along the way, ate endless amounts of incredible food and experienced our very first full journey on the roads of India. I must admit there were quite a few hair raising moments and moments of our life flashing before us but we arrived in the Beauty of Munnar safe and sound. Wow. Munnar is in the countryside on the border of Kerela, famous for growing spices and tea and it was just beautiful. The absolute highlight of the trip was when all of a sudden we saw all the cars pulling in and a cop sat at the side of the road. There was a family of wild Elephants!! I just can't explain their beauty. It just couldn't have been more perfect. They looked nothing like the beaten, flabby elephants in the zoos. These were magnificent.

    Our favourite Indian quote spotted for the day was from the Indian Navy, "Hit hard, hit fast keep hitting".

    That night we stayed in Munnar and did a bit of planning for our next steps. After taking a few people's advise we decided we needed to get up north ASAP before the weather gets bad and the fog ruins the beauty of the north. So we last minute decided to completely change our plans and go to Dehli! So tomorrow evening we will be in the hectic North of India. I don't think I'm mentally prepared for the craziness after all this peacefulness!
    Read more