Спутник
Показать на карте
  • День 7

    Day 5

    27 февраля 2023 г., Соединенные Штаты ⋅ 🌧 63 °F

    Bull Gap tenting spot to Low Gap Shelter.
    10.4 miles today, 43.1 miles total.

    After yesterday’s tougher day summiting Blood Mountain (tough uphill and then tough downhill to Neel Gap) and then late day climb to Bull Gap to sleep, today’s route was more rolling and ridge running. A wonderful change of pace.
    Got my bear bag down from the tree, filtered some water from the campsite spring, and headed off into the misty morning. The clouds burned off a bit by late am which added some pep to the step.
    Saw some of my hiking pals during the day including Big T (BigTontheAT YouTube channel, a 60 yr old builder from MS with 2 young grandkids: he can really hike and is such an awesome guy), Karaoke (a 60’ish year old gal from Fairbanks Alaska whose lifestyle is based in hiking), and Cat & Adam (Driftless Adventures on YouTube, 2 early 30’ish artists from Wisconsin who are very personable and fun to hike with).
    Ended up tenting at Low Gap Shelter at 5pm with Karaoke & Alabama Chowder who is a young gun with a energetic personality. They were in the Shelter, me in my tent. Perfect weather for sleeping (50 degrees), with warmer temps to follow in the next few days. Can’t believe I’m lugging all of this cold weather gear in my 34 lb pack and haven’t had to use any of it yet! But the Smokies and winter weather are just down the road!
    Читать далее