Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Day 6, Part 2/2– Ravello

    June 22, 2022 in Italy ⋅ ☁️ 86 °F

    After the class, we took a little breather by the hotel pool, which is on a cliff just about three feet above the sea. You can jump right off your chair and into the Med. Not sure why, but we got cocktails— mine was so delicious; a local, fresh orange juice vodka spritz. Around 4:30, we went back to the room for a costume change and headed about 20 min north east to the town of Ravello. It’s known as the city of music and is famous for festivals, the architecture and beautiful piazzas, which did not disappoint. As is common throughout this region, there were several pottery shops. I finally found a beautiful neutral print and was able to ship several pieces home (https://www.ceramichecosmolena.com/store/?lang=en ). The stuff is basically indestructible, plus it’s microwave and dishwasher safe! Matt and i made a deal- he was allowed to smoke one cigarette if I was allowed to buy the pottery. A good deal for me, I feel. I will admit, the Italians do make smoking look glamorous and fun…

    After a short stroll around the town, we sat down for dinner at La Vecchia Cantina (https://lavecchiacantinaravello.com). Matt had his best pizza so far— tuna and onion. We will definitely recreate at home!! We also had thinly sliced cuttlefish with a sauce of peas and truffle, spaghetti with clams and cherry tomatoes, paccheri with wild boar ragu, and steak, bc why not. Then it was back to the hotel for a little tiramisu, which we made in our class. It was sooo good! Finally, bed time : )
    Read more