Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    What we do for love.

    May 13, 2022 in the Netherlands ⋅ ⛅ 10 °C

    A restless night.
    Oscar's girlfriend has her graduation today at the HKU in Utrecht, Netherlands. And we were 450km away...
    We discussed this before, and had made decisions. But on this trip, nothing was planned. So got up early, had a shower and cancelled our dates for the day and took it as a contest.
    Will Lieske, will we, be able to make it to the "party" and surprise Sara??
    ..
    You sure know the answer to this question.
    We did!! We even had time to drop Lieske at Oscar's, buy a bunch of flowers, and take the bus into the city. Had a quick ice-cream, which we naturally deserved.
    And.. go to the event!!
    A big surprise. Some tears, a few kisses. That part was a success.
    After this, we, Oscar and I took of for a short but cosy "end of journey dinner" and headed for the bus home.
    As I had to finish this trip by driving the last 160km by myself.
    As this was how this trip has started.
    Lieske was great.
    We did a wooping 3531 km drive, in 14 days along steep hills, snowy mountains, green plains and gray autobahn.
    Saw a lot of history, city's and landscapes passing. But most of all.. we were together. Father and son.
    We did it. And it was certainly too short.
    I made it home.
    On a Friday! 🤗
    Read more