Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4–7

    Our neighborhood: the hangout of Remus

    October 26, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    Our neighborhood is the most posh since history began and is on the most defensible hill that the Romans fled to when the empire fell and their riches were sacked. Also it was where Romulus' brother Remus wanted to start Rome, not one hill over. ROMULUS LATER KILLED HIS BROTHER. these are the guys who were raised by a she wolf and founded Rome. she-wolf is a euphemism for a prostitute.
    Author.dana.reynolds@gmail.com I
    Dad and I napped in the grass next to a temple to Hercules on the site of the original Livestock sale where Hercules was called upon the get sheep back from a thief who took them from the market and hid them in a cave. I could relate.

    We saw a church made from the stolen columns of a temple... like most of them ... but this one had a magic orange tree you can see through a hole that is always in bloom while always having Oranges ready to harvest. The oldest orange tree in the world they say. And indeed it had fruit.

    I got sad listening to a saiints tale about a son who returned home and died under his parents steps becuase he was too impoverished to return to them. Made me want to cry. They built a church for him that includes the actual steps.

    We had dinner next to the circus maximus where they had chariot races 2500 years ago, so I told everyone about Chuck wagon races. It was pizza.

    Pizza in Rome, ya'all.
    Read more