Satellite
  • Day 11

    Lisbon, Portugal

    May 16, 2018 in Portugal ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    Jackson was suppose to have the day off but once again it got cancelled. The ship has a scenic sail away today which is something passengers pay to attend well the ship is setting sail from a particular port each cruise, there are officers there plus free drinks and canapés. So Jackson had to go and help that set up before we could go out. He did get to sleep in a bit and then we went out at our usual time, just after 12pm. We went to Doner Kebab House for some lunch which you can walk to from the ship without having to take the shuttle. I had a shawarma which was good but Jackson had to finish it for me like usual. After that we just headed back to the ship for some relaxing in the cabin before he had to head back to work. I’m now sitting outside at the bar Jackson works at waiting for the Great British sail away to start. A special sail away which is usually the last one when we are headed back to Southampton. Where they give out flags and everyone from the UK gets very patriotic and jumps in front of your camera waving their flags and everyone else waves the flag and has fun until you show up with a camera and then they get grumpy and refuse photos saying they’re not from there. It’s going to be nice to be able to just sit and watch. Not having to work the sail away this time.

    I’ll post some pictures of the sail away in a bit.
    Read more