Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Day 2 in Copenhagen

    July 26, 2023 in Denmark ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    We were only supposed to have 1 day in Copenhagen, as today we were supposed to visit Skagen, Denmark. When we docked yesterday morning, they announced we would be staying in Copenhagen overnight due to the weather in Skagen as the gusty winds would make it unsafe for us to dock there.

    Day 2 in Copenhagen started with Karl and Lori walking to the city bus stop at Pier 1. (This was cheaper than riding the cruise shuttle bus.) Karl bought tickets in the app. We rode the city bus to the Metro station. Since our ticket was good for either bus or metro for 1 hr and 15 mins, we hopped directly on the Metro. We got off at a new station and discovered we had to take 6 escalator rides plus a set of steps to get out of the station.

    Once out by Frederiks Kirke we navigated to the large green park by Kastellet. On the southeast side of the park is Frihedsmuseet, the Museum of Danish Resistance. Fascinating museum. We ended up pushing our time there and using our extensive knowledge of the Copenhagen public transportation system to switch to a different bus stop at the last moment which got us onto the boat with an amazing 10 minutes to spare.
    Read more