Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    West of Mauritania

    February 14, North Atlantic Ocean ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    It is very easy to get a reputation amongst your fellow travellers on a cruise. It's a bit like school or a sports team where first impressions give you a nick name. Susan is known both as ' Dot Cotton ' ( because she is the person handing our advice on how the machines in the laundry work, which cycles to use, etc.) and " the lady with the orange shoes". I am known as " the man with the lady with the orange shoes".
    Beaches were the subject for painting this morning and I took on the challenge of something geometrical. 4 th in bridge today.
    Being Valentine's day we were gifted with pink champagne, a box of pink chocolates and a fresh red rose 🌹. Another bottle to add to the collection to take home.
    I saw some flying fish today. Only small but they skim along the wake created by the ship and can travel several metres before submerging again.
    Formal dinner in the dining room tonight after cocktails with the Captain and crew. Escargots and surf & turf ( with lobster) for me and Dover sole and scallops for Susan. she is trying ( and succeeding) to eat scallops every day.
    Read more