Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Paris Day 1

    March 7, 2023 in France ⋅ ☁️ 9 °C

    Day two, we woke up keen and eager to explore Paris. We got our coffee and went to the Metro to make our way to the Palace of Versailles. To our surprise the Metro was closed as there was a nationwide strike. After deliberating, we decided to splash out and get an Uber which is about 40 minutes away from the city. The traffic was terrible and when we were about 10 minutes out from Versailles, I had received an email saying that the palace will be closed that day due to the strikes 🫠 we then had to turn around and head back into the city and head to Sacré-Cœur which was absolutely stunning and we got a panoramic view of the city. We then made our way down through Montmartre. Given that all the monuments were closed that day we decided to go shopping (YAY!) through the Galeries de Lafayette.
    On the way back to our hotel, we bought some prosciutto, salami, cheese and bread from the supermarket across the road and we had our charcuterie board in our hotel whole watching Ratatouille 🤤
    By the time dinner time rolled around, we decided to get some drinks in Montmartre in the hope that we would eventually get hungry, but we just ended up filling up with drinks then made our merry way home.
    Read more