Satelita
Pokaż na mapie
  • Dzień 8

    Paris day 2

    8 marca 2023, Francja ⋅ 🌧 14 °C

    Today was a big day as we had to make up for lost tourist time. We kicked off the morning at Angelinas, which is famous for their hot chocolate. Accompanied with a croissant, and it’s the perfect start to your day. We made our way to Saint Chapelle, commissioned by King Louis the 9th, where it housed the relics of the Passion of Christ which he purchased and preserved. Interesting fact: King Louis was canonised in 1296 for the amazing work he did. Many other remains of the Catholic Church were ruined during the revolution.
    Next up was the palace of Versailles. Public transport was not a friend whilst in Paris and the train that was meant to take us to Versailles never showed up so we decided to take a taxi. The kerfuffle was worth it, Versailles is incredible and gave us a glimpse into the obscene wealth of the royal family.
    As we are leaving, it’s started to completely pour as we ran to our bus stop. Eventually we got back into town and went to climb the Arc de Triomphe, however, upon arriving no surprise, here it was closed due to the strikes 🫠 we decided to visit the Eiffel Tower next. It was pretty miserable as the rain continued to pour down. We eventually found a little bar to seek refuge and have a wine before our dinner reservation. We had dinner at Moncier Bleu with a stunning view of the Eiffel Tower!
    Czytaj więcej