Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 5

    Brisbane Day 3

    25 januari, Australië ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    We had no set plans for today and we were looking forward to freestyling and seeing where the mood took us on our last day here. We made our way to Lune, a world-renowned bakery that serves croissants exclusively. It was well worth seeking it out.

    From there, we meandered around The Queen Street Mall area and caught the “KittyCat.” Brisbane has a free ferry shuttle service along the river that is called the KittyCat. We hopped on to make our way to Howard Smith Wharves, a beautiful waterfront restaurant area. Our lunch at Greca, a Greek restaurant, was exceptional. From there, we got back on the KittyCat and then walked through the small rainforest park to the Brisbane sign. (After all, most every city has one!)

    By then, it was late afternoon, and we made our way back to the hotel to have a bit of a rest. Because we’d had a big lunch we weren’t looking for much of a dinner, so we went out for a bit of a stroll and wound up at a pub adjacent to the train station. It was clearly a popular hang out for locals, a perfect end to our visit in Brisbane.

    We have only good things to say about this city. It is clean, walkable, safe and interesting. Our over-arching observation after three days in this country is that Australians are among the most friendly people we have ever encountered in all of our travels. They are helpful and very quick to have a conversation with you.

    The other thing that we’ve noticed is not unexpected. The Australian vernacular is quite entertaining. We were having a chat with a woman on the KittyCat today and she said that, with Australia Day tomorrow, the Howard Smith Wharves area would be “chockers!” to which we said chockers? What does that mean? She explained that it’s the Australian way of saying chock full. We’re looking forward to learning more colloquialisms in the weeks to come.
    Meer informatie