Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 50

    Beach Time

    February 28, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    Due to good weather we left early to get as much time on the beach in Yamba as possible, we did also have a few stops on the way.
    First significant stop was at Boundary falls where we went down to the bottom of the water fall, the walk was easy and there was another waterfall so I walked down there. The other water fall was called Lyrebird falls, here I got a suprise when I saw Emily, she had managed to get a tiny bit lost and never made it to Boundary falls, so she was sitting at Lyrebird falls and had her lunch.
    We walked back to the group and continued on our merry way to Raspberry lookout where we had a great view of the Gibraltar ranges, these mountains used to be covered by rainforest, but as rainforest hate drought and forest fires the majority of the mountains are now covered by eucalyptus, only in a few gullies is it possible to see the rainforest as it used to be.
    Hitting the road we headed towards the beach town Yamba. Upon arrival we went to the beach, it was really nice, the water temperature enabled us to stay in as long as we liked, and the lateness of the afternoon meant no burns.
    After beach time, Aisha, Emily, Lisa, Myf, Sierra, Laurens, and I went to dinner at a lovely Indian restaurant. It was super good food, and after dinner we chilled on our ocean view balcony.
    Read more