Satellite
  • Day 12

    Crotto del Misto, Lezzeno

    September 10, 2018 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    We spent a "down" day today at the apartment, catching up on washing and just relaxing. At about 3pm we decided we were getting a bit peckish so walked to the restaurant just up the road for a late lunch, forgetting that Italians don't do late lunches. The restaurant was closed so instead of walking back to our accommodation we decided to sit on the verandah overlooking the lake and enjoy a few drinks and some snacks while we waited for the restaurant to open at 7pm.

    The host pretended to speak very little English and did not "understand" when we were asking if we could have some drinks, but we overheard him later talking perfect English. There is a real lack of customer service over here and we often feel as if we are putting them out. He did manage to get across to us that we would need to book if we wanted dinner, which we were quite amused about as we were in the middle of nowhere and there were very few people about. Thankfully we did though, as to our surprise, once the restaurant opened it filled up very quickly, and the people we spent the afternoon chatting with were unable to get a table.

    We spent a lovely few hours admiring the view, having a few drinks, appreciating the snacks they bring with the drinks, and chatting to a family from American that were celebrating their Dad's 60th birthday. It was a fabulous way to spend the afternoon before enjoying a very delicious dinner at the restaurant. A great last day on Lake Como.
    Read more