Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 48

    Ristorante L'Aratro, Alberobello

    October 16, 2018 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    Tonight was our last night in Alberobello so we decided to treat ourselves with a very delicious dinner at Ristorante L’Aratro. It is a 2018 Michelin recognised restaurant and is in a traditional Trulli hut dating back to the 1400s.

    It was amazing inside with a maze of rooms that opened up onto a enclosed patio area. The staff were very friendly and attentive and the food was amazing. Domenico Laera, owner and chef, opened Ristorante L'Aratro on 4th February, 1987. His dream was to let people know what his parents and grandparents have been handing down to their children - the love and passion for one's own land. I'd say his dream has come true.

    We thought we’d share an entree and luckily we did as it was 5 courses! Beautiful local vegetables, cheeses, meat, seafood and even tripe. Thankfully Brad ate my share of the tripe because it was disgusting. Our entree just kept coming and coming and coming and we were full before our mains even arrived.

    The food was delicious as was the local wine. I have really enjoyed the Italian wines, especially from this region. The maître de served us limoncello to finish off the meal and the chef/owner even came to the table to see how our meal was. He was a character with his bright apron, scarf and braces. He even agreed to have a photo with us.

    It was the perfect end to our very enjoyable stay in Alberobello.
    Read more