Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 26

    Trattoria Ponte Vecchio, Florence

    September 24, 2018 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    We ended a very relaxing day catching up with some fellow Aussies for dinner at Trattoria Ponte Vecchio. I occasionally work with Tony and we have met his wife, Deb, at a couple of work functions so we weren’t really sure how dinner would go as it was to be our first-time socialising, just the four of us. We needn’t have worried as we were the first to arrive at the restaurant and the last to leave.

    Trattoria Ponte Vecchio is perfectly located on the Arno River, just up from the famous Ponte Vecchio and the food was fabulous! The company was even better, and we had the best night comparing travel tales and learning more about each other. It was the start of a great friendship as many glasses of beer and wine were consumed with our delicious meal. We were having such a great time we didn’t even notice other diners coming and going and it wasn’t until quite late that we realised the staff were actually waiting for us to finish up.

    It was such a fabulous night and catching up with people from home really added to our travel experience. Deb and Tony actually returned to the Trattoria the following night for dinner as the food was amazing and it would definitely be on our “must visit again list” if we ever return to Florence.
    Read more