Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 58

    Firastefani, Santorini

    October 26, 2018 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    After seeing the church of the three bells, we made our way to the other side of Firastefani. It is not as touristy here as it is in Fira, with the shops catering more to people staying in the accommodations nearby. There are a lot of cafes and restaurants, a grocery/alcohol shop and only the odd tourist shop. Due to it being the end of the season, not all the cafes were open and those that were, were running their supplies down so full menus weren’t available. That didn’t stop us from finding a nice place to enjoy another Greek lunch, although this one came with a higher price tag than our previous meals. We enjoyed a very delicious lunch at Casa di Te, and it has been nice trying a different cuisine after seven weeks in Italy. Brad is loving the squid and octopus and we even decided to splurge and share a dessert.

    After a wander around Firastefani we spent the afternoon relaxing on our terrace, enjoying some downtime. It was also the perfect vantage point to watch another amazing sunset and we didn’t have to be out in the very cool breeze. It is certainly getting a lot cooler here.

    For dinner we ventured out to Remvi Restaurant, a very lovely restaurant overlooking the coastline. Due to the cooler weather we were sat inside and while we didn’t have the views, it had a lovely warm feel to it. The staff were so friendly, and the atmosphere was so inviting. Brad enjoyed warm lamb shanks for dinner while I went a bit lighter after our big lunch and had a chicken Caesar salad. We finished the night with a local orange cake specialty, and it was delicious. We had such a lovely, easy night and we are really enjoying the end of tourist season vibe happening in Santorini. I know we would not want to be here in the height of tourist season as we have heard how incredibly busy and packed it is. It was lovely being able to stroll the empty streets and enjoy the night-time views on our way back to our accommodation.
    Read more