Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Antica Salumeria, Rome

    September 8, 2022 in Italy ⋅ ☁️ 29 °C

    We ventured out again for Linner (lunch/dinner) at Antica Salumeria in the Piazza Della Rotonda, the piazza in front of the Pantheon. We have stopped by this place for a look every time we have visited Rome but had not yet eaten there. Today was the day. Antica Salumeria is the oldest gourmet food shop in Rome and has been operating since 1375. Thankfully the meats weren’t that old, even if some of them looked it. We sat in the small back room and enjoyed a meat and cheese platter with some delicious Italian wine. It was such a great experience and I tried meats that I would usually avoid. I am being a bit more adventurous with my food selection on this trip.

    We followed this up with a gelato, once again from our “local” and I had Vaniglia (vanilla) and snickers (not very Roman but I couldn’t resist), and Brad had Pistacchio and Fragola (strawberry). We both agreed that the black cherry has been our favourite so far. We took our obligatory gelato pics in front of the Pantheon (plus a few more - you can never have enough photos) before having a night in and packing for our next location.

    Rome has been exciting, interesting, comforting (we know our way around) and hot, and we are so happy to be back in Italy.
    Read more